- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 TBLS sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ fresh orange juice
- 1 TBLS melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder and baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix your sugar and orange zest, rubbing your fingers together to incorporate the oil for the orange zest into the sugar. Add this to your flour mixture, mix well, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, egg whites, orange juice, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Fold your wet mixture into your dry mixture, until you can't see the flour. Careful not to over mix.
- Add your chocolate chips.
- Heat your pan or griddle over medium low/medium heat and brush with butter.
- Spoon about ⅓ cup of batter and spread around with a wooden spoon to shape your pancake. Your batter will be thick.
- Cook until golden brown and then flip to other side, doing the same.
- Enjoy with butter and maple syrup!
So I discovered Pinterest 4 years ago. I got it when it only had like 10 categories and you couldn’t search anything yet. We’ve come a long way. Wanna freak your girlfriend out? Say “Hey, did you hear that Pinterest is getting shut down?” And then watch her eyes go huge and say “WHAT?!” My brothers friends did that to me last year, and that was my exact reaction. Little turd.
Anyways, I remember pinning the most random things. It’s embarrassing to look back on some of the things you pinned back when you first started this “pinning journey.” It’s like looking back on your yearbook and regretting some fashion and hair choices. I would pin anything and everything. And all under the same board, haha! Needless to say, I’ve cleaned up my act, and my Pinterest boards since then:)
I’ve made quite a few things off Pinterest. Some have been pretty epic fails (lighting a dandelion on fire cuz Pinterest said it would turn multicoloured- LIES. It burns). Some have been pretty epic wins (these ricotta pancakes). Some have been…. questionable (setting a starburst on fire over a campfire cuz Pinterest said it would taste amazing…. it tastes like….. a hot starburst. That’s it). I’m not lying about trying any of these things either. I legit tried those things. I’m that cool person that does stuff like that. Point of my ramble is that since Pinterest came on the scene, people are actually trying things now! Which is awesome. I got this recipe off of Pinterest, which took me to twopeasandtheirpod blog. Yum, Yum.
Dane for whatever reason hates citrus in desserts or in his food. He doesn’t put lemon on his fish and chips. What the heck?! He doesn’t like lemon or orange much of anything. He says lemons are only for lemonade, which he drinks like it’s going out of style. He did however say “I actually liked these Claud!” Which is a compliment, especially from one of the hardest food critics around. You’d think he has a michelin star restaurant I don’t know about or something. I was making a banana cream pie on Sunday and I was piping the whip cream on, and he had the nerve to tell ME how to to pipe whip cream. Like ugh! I think I know how to flipping pipe whip cream…. brat. (Turns out his way was actually better. Little bum, he somehow always knows better than me *insert eye roll*). Let’s hope he doesn’t read my blog like a good husband should. This will be his test. If he brags that I’m admitting he knows better than me, then we’ll know he reads my blog:) Poor Dane, he’s dealing with a woman. Good luck dude, you’ve got me and now a baby girl on the way. You’re outnumbered. Love you.
GUYS!! Make these pancakes! They’re super easy and super tasty. Michelin star buddy over here even approves. Also, tell me what your Pinterest fails have been, so I don’t feel like such a silly brain.