I bought “Linda Lomelino’s Ice Cream” recipe book awhile back after loving all of her creations on instagram. I’ve loved trying her ice cream recipes out, so far I’ve made Vanilla (I added crushed oreos in one, and crushed skor bars in the other), rum raisin, lemon, and now strawberry:) All of her recipes have very little ingredients… which is what ice cream should be, don’t cha think?
If you don’t have an ice cream machine, I suggest you get engaged. That’s when people buy you things you would never go out and buy yourself! No but seriously, get engaged and you’ll get a George Foreman press, ice cream machine, food dehydrator, you name it. If you have no plans on getting engaged cuz your dude is a wuss, or you simply don’t “want to”get married (that’s what we say when our dudes are wusses right? “I don’t need a wedding to prove I love someone.” Ya right, deep down you’re wishing for that ice cream machine and food dehydrator). Anyways, if you aren’t getting one anytime soon, you can totally make this without one! Just google how- pretty sure you just put the mixture in a bowl on top of an even bigger bowl full of ice. And mix every hour.
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 1 TBLS fresh lemon juice
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (300 ml)
- 1 cup of whipping cream (whipped)
- Wash and cut your strawberries. Add to your blender along with the lemon juice. Blend into a puree.
- Add your condensed milk and blend again.
- Once you have your whip cream nice and fluffy, mix that with your strawberry mixture, until fully incorporated. (I'm sure you can just do that in the blender as well).
- Put in your fridge until completely cold.
- Add into your ice cream maker and process according to your ice cream machine's instructions.
- Freeze until set completely.
Ps- I was just teasing you about the whole not wanting to be married… I’m sure there are lot’s of you who don’t want to. You should still consider getting an ice cream machine though… just sayin’.